Reporting an Incident
Reporting an Incident
- Welcome from the Director of Campus Safety
- Access to Campus Facilities
- Annual Crime and Fire Safety Reports
- Blue Light Phones
- Campus Policies
- Department Mission
- Emergency Communication
- Emergency Procedures
- General Information and Safety Tips
- Identity Theft
- Parking Regulations
- Programs Offered by Campus Safety
- Reporting an Incident
- Residence Hall Fire Safety
- Safety and Crime Alerts
- Department of Campus Safety
The Department of Campus Safety encourages anyone who is the victim of, or witness a crime or incident to report it to Safety & Security. The Department of Campus Safety is located in FO G62. Students, faculty, staff, and visitors are able to report crimes and incidents that occur on campus in the following ways:
- Dial X 6911 from a campus phone or 382-6911 from an off campus phone (emergency only). This will
put the caller in contact with a Campus Safety Officer on duty.
- Blue Light phones are located on the west side of campus and connect directly with Campus Safety
- Incident Reports may be filed online at the Alverno College Intranet site or on Launchpad. We recommend anyone who wishes to report a crime or incident to report it directly to a Campus Safety Officer.
*Students, faculty, and staff have the ability to anonymously report incidents on the Incident Report form. Incident Reports filed this way will be forwarded to the Manager of Campus Safety and to the Director of Human Resources.
Employees can file a confidential or anonymous report by visiting the HR intranet site via Launchpad and clicking on the Confidential Reporting
quick link. This option allows you to choose the designated recipient.
Students can report an incident and have the information remain confidential only when reporting to the Campus Counselor, Nurse or Minister. These individuals do however have a duty to warn authorities when an individual may become violent. Incidents reported to other staff and faculty must be reported to Campus Safety.
The Safety & Risk Committee members meet monthly to review incident reports, ensure appropriate follow up has been completed or is in progress and develop prevention strategies to reduce risk on campus. The also review policies and procedures related to safety, security and risk. If you have questions or concerns regarding campus safety, contact one of the core members of the committee.
Assoc. VP for Student Affairs
Director of Human Resources
Director of Resident Life
Campus Safety Manager
Reporting an Incident >