Body + Mind + Spirit

What if I want more coverage than the basic high-deductible plan offers?

Because this plan offers basic benefits, WPS also offers another coverage option, for additional premium payments. Please refer to the pages of the brochure titled $0 Deductible Health Plan Option. This option does not have an up-front deductible for services. Instead, with the exception of physician office visits and certain preventive services, WPS will provide benefits at 80% and you pay the remaining 20%, up to the policy year maximum. To enroll in this additional coverage, you must submit an enrollment application, with the appropriate premium, by September 30 for fall enrollees and February 28 for spring enrollees.

How much does it cost?

The cost of the insurance is tied to your age at the time of enrollment. You can pay this premium in one full payment or split it into two payments: August 1 (your monthly cost x 5) and January 1 (your monthly cost x 7). Though the plan shows a monthly cost, you can NOT pay on a monthly basis. The monthly cost is shown so that you can determine your total cost. Here are some examples:

High-Deductible Plan Option, $6,350 Deductible, 100% Coverage In-Network
  • < 21 years old $140.49
  • 21-24 years old $221.24
  • 26 years old $226.55
  • 30 years old $251.10
  • 35 years old $270.36
$0 Deductible Plan Option, $0 Deductible, 80% Coverage In-Network
  • < 21 years old $274.60
  • 21-24 years old $432.44
  • 26 years old $442.82
  • 30 years old $490.82
  • 35 years old $528.45

Are there any other options?

If you are currently uninsured, here are some options to consider:

  • If you are under the age of 26, you could be eligible to be on your parent(s)’ insurance plan.
  • If you are employed, contact your human resources department to see if you are eligible for insurance.
  • You can search plans offered by nationwide carriers through www.einsurance.com. This site allows you to compare plans to find the coverage you are looking for.
  • Check your eligibility for plans offered through the state of Wisconsin: www.access.wisconsin.gov
  • Check your eligibility for plans offered through the Exchange: www.healthcare.gov

Who can I contact to talk through health insurance issues?

Mary Reese, Health Services
414-382-6319
mary.reese@alverno.edu