Credit for Prior Learning Bypass Assessments
Alverno College’s Credit for Prior Learning program (CPL) can help you save money and time, and shorten your time to graduation by not having to take some classes for which you already have the necessary knowledge.
CPL Bypass Assessments allow eligible students to bypass some introductory courses. If students successfully complete a bypass assessment, they earn credit without having to take the class. Prior experience and coursework determine whether students are eligible. If you are notified of this eligibility, you may contact the Assessment and Outreach Center. You also can schedule appointments for some assessments by clicking the assessment options below.
The following is a list of the current bypass assessments available through the Credit for Prior Learning program. Click the links below for more information.
- Communication Seminar I (CM 120)
- Quantitative Literacy in the Modern World (QL 122)
- Mathematical Connections (QL 156)
- Foundations of Chemistry (SC 119)
- Foundations of Biology (SC 120)
- Spanish Language Placement Assessment (SLC 100)
- Spanish/English Healthcare Interpretation Bilingual Proficiency Assessment (SPI 100)