Awards Nomination Form
Instructions and Criteria
Nominations will be accepted through March 6th, 2015. Winners will be announced in July.
- Complete the Nomination Form
- Do not send photos, videos, scrapbooks or binders
- Assume judges know nothing about the nominee, organization, or community. Consider it your job to “sell” the judges on why your nominee should win. Give specific examples.
- Your Letter of Support should be specific to the award criteria which are listed below. You may nominate an alumna for more than one award but each nomination must have a separate nomination form and letter of support. (Note: The alumna will only be honored with one award.)
Nominate an outstanding alumna in the following categories:
Outstanding Alumna Award
The recipient of this award demonstrates strong leadership ability in her profession/career or in service to the college and/or community. She exhibits integrity, enthusiasm, professionalism, and strongly held values in the significant accomplishments made in one or more of the following areas:
- Professional/career accomplishments
- Service to our alma mater – as an assessor, classroom presenter, alum mentor, recruiter, etc.
- Service to one’s community – church, civic, neighborhood, volunteer, school, etc.
Spirit of Alverno Award
The recipient of this award demonstrates enthusiasm, dedication, and an esprit d’corps in service and support of the college. She exhibits the spirit of our alma mater in accomplishment of one or more of the following:
- Provided outstanding service to our alma mater
- Implemented a new and innovative service to the college
- Recruited the participation of other alumnae in support of the college
Professional Achievement Award
The recipient of this award has achieved significant success in her paid profession/career marked by her accomplishments in one or more of the following areas:
- Attained a high level of professional success
- Received recognition from a professional organization or association for significant professional achievement
- Provided significant contributions to a professional service organization(s)
Rising Star Professional Achievement Award
This award recognizes an alumna less than 30 years of age and/or less than ten years since graduation who has achieved success in her paid profession/career marked by her accomplishments in one or more of the following areas:
- Demonstrated professional success
- Received recognition from a professional organization or association for professional achievement
Service to the Community Award
The recipient of this award has demonstrated the importance of effective citizenship – core ability taught at Alverno – in the significant contributions she has made to the community. This award recognizes her accomplishments of one or more of the following:
- Provided outstanding service to the community – church, civic, neighborhood, volunteer, school, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership ability by directing a significant project in the community.