How to Apply
- Resources for Students
- Why Study Abroad?
- How to Apply
- Semester / Year Long
- Short Term Abroad
- Cost and Funding
- For Parents
To begin the application process for a semester or year abroad, meet with Judeen Schulte, Director of Study Abroad, to discuss timing, country and program.
The semester before you study abroad,
- Enroll in INS 299: Orientation to Study Abroad on IOL;
- By the first day of the WDC semester prior to studying abroad:
- Complete your application by using the following link Application to Study Abroad (pdf);
- Submit the personal essay described in the Application to Study Abroad, Intern or Student Teach Abroad file;
- Ask a faculty member who knows your academic work to submit a Faculty Evaluation (pdf) to Judeen Schulte at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Submit a Form to Request Letter of Recommendation (pdf) to an advisor, faculty or staff member who knows your character. They must submit your Letter of Recommendation on Alverno letterhead to Judeen Schulte at email@example.com;
- Submit a copy of your Academic Evaluation, Validation Matrix and Class schedule with your application;
- Attach a color copy of the photo and data page from your passport to your application. If you do not have a passport, use the following link to the U.S. Bureau of Consular Affairs Website to apply for one;
- Submit a copy of your current resume with your application;
- Submit your Statement of Evidence of Financial Support (pdf).
For additional help with the application process, please see our Guide to Application to Study Abroad (pdf) for reference. Otherwise please contact Judeen Schulte, Director of Partnerships and Study Abroad, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any inquiries about Visa or Health Insurance requirements may also be directed to Judeen Schulte or our Resources page.
Connect with us: