- Resources for Students
- Mission Statement
- Check Cashing
- Tuition, Housing & Fees
- Payment Policies
- Book Advances
- Dropping or Withdrawal
- Employer Reimbursement
- 1098-T Tax Forms
- Downloadable Forms
- Contact Us
- Alverno Advantage Programs
Students are required to complete and return the Educational Loan Agreement (the “Agreement”) every semester by the specified due date. Paper copies will not be mailed to students; the Agreement is found in Interactive Online (IOL) under Financial Information. Please read the Agreement carefully as this form is meant to help students understand their financial obligations. The Agreement is due once every semester at the same time the tuition or payment plan is due. This date is noted at the top of the Agreement.
To withdraw from a course or courses, students must contact the Registrar's Office or the Professional Advising Office to fill out the necessary paperwork. Non-attendance does not drop a student from a course. Students will still be responsible for all tuition and fees associated with these courses. The date the paperwork is processed will determine the amount of the tuition adjustment, if any.
If you choose to switch programs (e.g. from Weekday to Weekend; Nursing to Non-Nursing) before the official start date of the semester, any tuition adjustment resulting from the change will be effective for that semester. However, should you chose to switch programs after the official start date of the semester, your tuition rate will not be adjusted until the following semester.
An account becomes delinquent when a student fails to pay any balance when due. A student with a delinquent account is not entitled to receive progress reports, transcripts or a diploma. In addition, a student may not register for a future semester or occupy a room in the Residence Hall until the account is paid in full or is current on the monthly payment plan.
Email is our primary form of communication with students. It is important that students consistently check their Alverno student email for important information.
Semester billing statements
Semester billing statements are available at the end of April for the summer semester; in early July for the fall semester; and in early December for the spring semester.
If you make changes to your schedule after your original statement is sent, you will receive an email at your Alverno email notifying you there is a revised statement for you to view in IOL. The statement is “real time,” which means that you will be able to see your most current account information. (Please note that while changes to registration update immediately, financial aid updates are not immediate and may require that you notify the financial aid department.)
To access your statement online, please login to IOL and click on “Account Statement” under the Financial Information section. If you are on a payment plan, you may click on “Payment Plan Statement” to view your payment due dates.
PLEASE NOTE: You are responsible for your charges whether or not you receive a statement.
Contact the Business Office for specific questions related to billing and payment due dates.
Traditional Semester Payment
Pay in full by the specified due date. Acceptable payment methods include:
- In person in the Business Office.
- Drop box outside of the Business Office.
- Mail check/money order to Alverno College, Attn: Business Office.
- Online using IOL under Financial Information, View Account and Make Payments, to use a checking account, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express. You can also click on the Pay Online link below.
- Phone Business Office (414-382-6262) to use a checking account, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
Monthly Payment Plan
Pay monthly by enrolling in the Educational Loan Payment Plan. To enroll, a student must complete the Educational Loan Payment Plan form (found in the Educational Loan Agreement). There are two payment plan options:
- Monthly payment by cash, check or credit card. To off-set administrative expenses, there is a $50 service fee for this option. (If you choose to make your payment plan payments online through IOL each month, your payment plan would fall into this category.)
- Monthly payment by ACH. There is no service fee for this option. A voided check or bank documentation with routing and account number is required. Additionally, if the payments are being withdrawn from an account other than the student’s, the account holder is required to sign the form. ACH payment plans submitted without this information will not be processed.
PLEASE NOTE: To alter or cancel the payment plan, we must receive written notice at least five business days prior to the next scheduled withdrawal.