- Resources for Students
- Communication Resource Center
- Soref Resource Center
- Course & Seminar Offerings
- Our Mission
- Tutoring & Study Groups
- Disability Services
- English as a Second Language Program
Instructional Services provides Alverno students and faculty with resources that promote the personal and academic development of students. To accomplish our mission, we assist students to realize their educational potential through
- engaging students in active learning, reflection, and collaboration;
- providing a foundation for learning by teaching self-regulation processes;
- teaching strategies and processes that promote independence in learning and enable the transfer of learning to multiple contexts;
- giving students meaningful opportunities to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding by providing employment through structured peer assistance programs; and
- collaborating with faculty, staff, and administrators by sharing our expertise in the fields of developmental education, accessibility services, and second-language learning.
In accomplishing our mission, we support the mission of the college.