Instructional Services provides Alverno students and faculty with resources that promote
the personal and academic development of students and support a culture of diversity.
To accomplish our mission, we assist students to realize their educational potential
- engaging students in active learning, reflection, and collaboration;
- providing a foundation for learning by teaching self-regulation processes;
- teaching strategies and processes that promote independence in learning and enable
the transfer of learning to multiple contexts;
- giving students meaningful opportunities to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding
by providing employment through structured peer assistance programs; and
- collaborating with faculty, staff, and administrators by sharing our expertise in
the fields of developmental education, accessibility services, and second-language learning.
In accomplishing our mission, we promote student retention and graudation as we support
the mission of the college.