Three-Day and Weeklong Seminars
JUNE 2014 WORKSHOP
June 9-11 or JUNE 9-13, 2014
For more than 30 years, Alverno College has been a leader in ability-based curriculum design and the assessment-as-learning approach to education. Alverno's curriculum requires all students to master, within the disciplines, what the faculty has developed as eight core abilities critical to the worlds of work, family and civic community. Those abilities include communication, analysis, problem solving, valuing in decision-making, social interaction, developing a global perspective, effective citizenship and aesthetic engagement.
Every year, hundreds of educators throughout the United States and the world visit Alverno to learn about its teaching methods. Attend one of these educator workshops to learn more about Alverno's principles and practices and how this approach can be adapted to your curriculum.
All workshops offer participants the experience of a dynamic, innovative, and hospitable institutional learning culture. Participants also interact and collaborate with educators from around the world.
The weeklong conference features sessions designed according to the learning principles that guide the Alverno curriculum. Educators will have the opportunity to learn how Alverno's widely respected ability-based curriculum and assessment methods are integral to teaching.
Three-day workshop participants will:
- Participate in hands-on work sessions and receive one-on-one assistance with their projects from experienced Alverno faculty and staff
- Gain insight from professionals with extensive experience designing and implementing assessment methods
- Observe student assessment in action and learn firsthand how to foster student learning
- Receive feedback on their assessment design, teaching practices and curriculum
3-Day 1 Participant Early Bird Registration (before May 23, 2014) - $1,250
3-Day 2 or More Participants (same institution) Early Bird Registration (before May 23, 2014) - $1,190
Five-day workshop participants will:
- Participate in the above three-day workshop
- Receive additional hands-on opportunities with concepts and ideas under the facilitation of faculty
- Have more time to reflect and work on a project or an area of inquiry with individualized feedback and support
5-Day 1 Participant Early Bird Registration (before May 23, 2014) - $1,575
5-Day 2 or More Participants (same institution) Early Bird Registration (before May 23, 2014) - $1,545
If you are a member of the National Society for Experiential Education (NSEE), participation in this workshop is accepted as an elective opportunity towards your Experiential Education Academy (EEA) certificate. Please indicate your NSEE membership on your Alverno Institute registration.
Lodging Information to Come