How to Apply
Applying is easy. You may apply online, which is free.
Download the MBA Application Forms.
How do you know you can apply?
For consideration in this program, applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and have three or more years of relevant work/professional experience. Relevant business experience includes increasing levels of responsibility; line, staff or project responsibility; managerial experience; interaction with management, departments/functions or external audiences outside own area of responsibility.
You will need to complete all of the following to apply:
- Three recommendations
- Official transcripts showing a baccalaureate or advanced degree
- Portfolio (requirements listed below)
- Current resume
ELEMENTS OF THE PORTFOLIO
Alverno does not require the GMAT. Instead, the personal portfolio will be used to help determine your potential for success and ability to benefit from our graduate program. You should therefore commit significant time and give serious thought to the preparation of your portfolio.
Identify your goals for graduate study and describe how the Alverno MBA will help you achieve greater influence and impact on personal, professional, and organizational levels. Suggested length is one - two pages, double-spaced.
Two Performance Narratives
In each narrative, identify a specific work/professional experience that describes the responsibilities, accomplishments and relationships you identified in the employment history/professional experience section of your application. These experiences should provide evidence that you meet the relevant work experience requirement for admission to the MBA program and have the requisite business knowledge to be successful.
Relevant business experience includes the following:
- Three or more years of work/professional experience
- Increasing levels of responsibility
- Line, staff or project responsibility
- Business/managerial experience (such as planning, organizing, leading, controlling, evaluating functions)
- Interaction with management, departments/functions or external audiences outside own area of responsibility.
For each experience be sure to identify the following:
- the situation (what happened? what led up to it?)
- who was involved (the relationships)
- what you did
- what you were thinking at the time and the outcome (what you accomplished)
Your narratives should be descriptive, evaluative, and reflective about the experiences you have chosen. One narrative should specifically address your use of business knowledge and the application of quantitative skills.
Suggested length is two to three double-spaced pages per narrative.
View a sample performance narrative here:
Refer to the application and portfolio requirements for MBA, or contact Admissions with questions: 414-382-6100 or email@example.com.