- Academic Departments
- Business Management Major
- International Business Major
- Management Accounting Major
- Marketing Management Major
In the School of Business, we offer four distinct major areas of study, and two minors:
- Business and Management (Major & Minor) - Learn how to incorporate all areas of business, inlcuding management, finance, development and more.
- International Business Major (Major & Minor) - A major in International Business gives you the skills to use your leadership, business knowledge and experience in the gloabl market.
- Management Accounting Major (Major) - If you like making decisions, offering recommendations and working with numbers as well as people, Management Account could be the major for you.
- Marketing Management Major (Major) - Marketers create products, messaging, branding and buzz. If you like to talk about both the sizzle AND the steak, major in Marketing Management.
We believe that having multiple interests in both academics and life is what makes us unique. This important relationship between academic interests is the reason why Alverno requires a minor course of study for each major (at Alverno, we call them support areas). It keeps you engaged and provides nearly limitless opportunities to specialize within your chosen field of study.
Business and Management Minors
Each School of Business major chooses a minor, such as Professional Communication, Computer Studies, Psychology or Humanities, or you can create your own minor to suit your own individual interests and needs. As an Alverno graduate, the specialized abilities that come with each minor give the you added flexibility and an increased skillset when entering the workplace. Our minors give you an edge.