Careers & Internships
- Academic Departments
- Careers & Internships
- Faculty & Staff
- Contact Us
- Inside the Classroom
- Music Student Handbook
- Concert Report Document Sheet
Bachelor of Arts in Music Careers
A Bachelor of Arts in Music will train you for a variety of music and music-related careers. Students combine this major with another major or with two minors.
When you combine the music program with one of these areas of study, you can see the options that are open to you:
- Business and Management: Arts administration, music marketing, music retail fields, music publishing
- Computer Studies: Music software design, music publishing
- Professional Communication: radio, video production, arts criticism, public relations for a music-related business
- Dance/Theatre/Visual Arts: Dance/choreography, acting, directing, graphic art or design
- History/Science/Social Science: graduate work in areas such as anthropology, musicology or sociology
Music Therapy Careers
Employment opportunities for board certified music therapists continue to grow. 100% of Alverno graduates are employed as music therapists within three months after graduation. Whether you are interested in working with children or seniors, terminally ill or rehabilitation clients, in a large clinic or in your own practice, there is a job for you. For further information see www.musictherapy.org.
Internships and Performance Opportunities
All music majors "rehearse" their chosen career directions through off-campus internships. In classrooms, therapy settings, recording studios and performance halls, students see firsthand the many directions that music makes possible.
Milwaukee hosts one of America's top orchestras and many top-quality smaller groups. An extraordinary range of touring artists visit Milwaukee with tastes ranging from classical to rap. Students take full advantage of Milwaukee's many music outlets. Students have the opportunity to join The Alverno Chorus, special ensemble groups and community ensembles.