Hispanic Student Nurses of Alverno HNA
- Academic Departments
- Black Student Nurses' Association BSNA
- Hispanic Student Nurses of Alverno HNA
Hispanic Student Nurses of Alverno
The Hispanic Student Nurses of Alverno is an interest group affiliated with Alverno’s School of
Nursing with affiliations to the Alverno College Student Nurses Association and the Milwaukee
Chapter of the Hispanic Nurses Association. Membership is open to all nursing majors or those
interested in a career in nursing. The membership is not limited by race, creed, or national
origin. A faculty member in the nursing division serves as an advisor.
The purpose of the Hispanic Student Nurses of Alverno are to:
- Support each other, through networking and sharing of educational information to better prepare for the school’s curriculum.
- Bridge the gap in health care education to promote quality health care practitioners.
- Increase the visibility and accessibility of professional Hispanic nurses to those new to the nursing procession.
- Act as an agent to influence change in nursing legislation and health care policies.
These goals are implemented through such activities as program meetings, special on and off
campus events, and mentorship programs with the local chapter of the Hispanic Nurses