Alverno College Student Nurses' Association ACSNA
- Academic Departments
- Black Student Nurses' Association BSNA
- Hispanic Student Nurses of Alverno HNA
Alverno College Student Nurses' Association
The Alverno College Student Nurses’ Association is a constituent of the Wisconsin and the National Student
Nurses’ Association. At Alverno, this organization represents all students majoring in nursing. The
organization has elected officers. A faculty member in the nursing division serves as advisor. ACSNA is an
officially registered organization on the Alverno College campus.
The purposes of the ACSNA are to:
- Assume responsibility for contributing to nursing education in order to provide for the highest quality health care
- Provide programs representative of fundamental and current professional interest and concerns
- Aid in the development of the whole person and her professional role, and her responsibility for the health care of people in all walks of life
- Encourage communication and promote unity among Alverno nursing students and other Wisconsin schools of nursing
- Represent nursing students to the consumer, to the Alverno community and to other institutions and organizations
- Keep members up-to-date on legislative issues and involve members in legislative reform
- These goals are implemented through such activities as scheduled program meetings, special campus
- activities including community outreach, and maintenance of a communications bulletin board.
There is a membership fee that entitles the student to membership in the local organization (ACSNA). This
fee entitles the student to voting rights within ACSNA and to the newsletter for ACSNA. There is an
additional fee for membership to Wisconsin Student Nurses’ Association and the National Student Nurses’
Association have one fee to join both organizations. Benefits of joining the WSNA and NSNA include
Imprint, the national magazine published by and for student nurses, and Student STAT, the official
publication for WSNA, and there are many scholarship opportunities available to these students.