Graduate Application Process
You've already changed many lives. We believe you can change many more - starting with your own.
How do you know you can apply?
For consideration in this program, applicants must hold a bachelor's degree in nursing from a college or university accredited by a nursing accreditation agency approved by the Department of Education. You must hold a current, unencumbered registered nurse liscense or be eligible for RN licensure in the state of Wisconsin or multi-state compact.
Is there a way to help finance your future?
Graduate students are eligible to apply for loans. To qualify for a federal loan, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Applications can be found at fafsa.ed.gov (use Alverno's federal code 003832). We encourage all students to complete the FAFSA even if you do not anticipate the need for financial aid at this time. If your situation changes, your information will already be on file.
What about my busy schedule?
You will work closely with your advisor to develop a course projection plan that fits with your lifestyle.
- Apply online at alverno.edu/gradapply
- Submit the following materials (in any order)
- three recommendations (forms can be found at alverno.edu/recommendations)
- official transcripts (verifying baccalaureate or advanced degree)
- portfolio (requirements can be found at alverno.edu/MSNinstructions)
- current resume
- copy of unencumbered nursing liscense
- copy of current CPR certification
- completed health data form
- proof of health insurance (or signed waiver)
- Application will be reviewed on the following dates for admission.
- February 14th, 2014
- April 25th, 2014
- May 14th, 2014
Call Graduate Admissions